|About the Council
Our Main Objectives:
- to consider and regulate matters of mutual interest in accordance with the provisions of the Act;
- to present and resolve labour disputes;
- to promote good relationships between employers and employees;
- to use its endeavours generally in the direction of maintaining industrial peace;
- to secure the complete organisation of employers and employees in the industry;
- to negotiate and conclude collective agreements;
- to enforce those collective agreements and to secure recognition and observance by all persons in the industry of any agreements relating to wages and working conditions negotiated by the Parties;
- to consider advise and make proposals or representations to NEDLAC or any other appropriate forum on policy and legislation that may affect the Council’s sector and area.
Our Area of Jurisdiction:
The area of jurisdiction covers the whole of the Province of KwaZulu-Natal.